1. We need to be faithful as “stewards” of God. We need to be faithful of how we use our time and live each day for the glory of God.
“Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful” (1 Cor. 4:2).
“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Cor. 10:31).
2. We need to be faithful with our spiritual gifts and talents to use them for the glory of God; the edification of the saints; and in reaching the lost.
His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ (Matt. 25:21).
“He who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness” (Rom. 12:8).
Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men” (Eph. 4:8).
3. We need to be faithful with our money to use it for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
“Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?” (Luke 16:11).
“On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come” (1 Cor. 16:2).
“But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work” (2 Cor. 9:6-8).
4. We need to be faithful in church attendance; prayer meetings; Lord’s supper; and fellowship.
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers” (Acts 2:42).
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” (Heb. 10:25).
5. We need to be faithful in our love to one another.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:34-35).